Friday, September 9, 2011

Announcing Next Six-Week Writing Workshop

Okay, Y'all...
At long last, I have the dates for the next Six Week Writing Workshop. The dates are:

October 20 & 27,  November 3 & 10 & 17, and December 1. Basically, that's six almost consecutive Thursdays, excepting November 24th which some people think of as a holiday called Thanksgiving. I'm more or less opposed to these pressure-filled occasions, thus I'd be perfectly content to meet for a session. But sensing no one else would show up, I'm going to skip it.

As usual, the focus of the workshop will be memoir writing, creative non-fiction, and blogging. Sessions follow a very loose structure that sometimes looks like this: approx 40 minutes of discussing Writing with a Capital W (from process to business angles and everything in between); 20 minutes of Q & A; 20 - 30 minutes of in-class writing (though sometimes we get so carried away talking this doesn't happen); 30 minutes sharing our writing and feedback. I also provide written class notes and one-on-one writing coaching via email over the course of the six weeks.

Returning students get a discount. First timers-- it's $300. I prefer to get $100 to hold a spot and the balance first night of class, but I'm glad to work with you to break it into smaller payments if necessary.

I limit the sessions to 15 people and, since there are usually many returnees, that means slots are pretty limited. So give me a holler SOON if you want to sign up. Email: spike@spikeg.com.

Thanks!
Spike

No comments:

Post a Comment