Monday, May 23, 2011

Random Notes about My Ever Flowering Passion!


You know how I always say I hate it when people say, "Sorry I haven't posted at my blog in awhile"-- like WHO CARES? But you know, sorry I haven't posted here in awhile. I realize that as much as I'm enjoying reading/listening to books practically around the clock, I've been a very lazy reviewer. Maybe I'll fix that soon.

Meanwhile, three things:

1. Grown Up Camp for Adults is ON!!! Ten people have signed up. I can take ten more. Hurry up-- email me if you want to sign up. It's in July, Thursday evenings from 7 til 10. And it's cheap. Email: spike@spikeg.com

2. LISTEN to this interview with Gary Shteyngart that was on Fresh Air the other day. It is SUCH a great interview and so much insight into the state of the novel and what's happening with the Internet kind of ruining the writing life. (Or not-- depending on where you stand.)

3. I am FINALLY checking out Tim O'Brien's The Things They Carried. I'm doing the audiobook. I avoided this one for a long time in part due to my own issues with trauma. I was actually a little bit afraid to dig in. It's certainly not an easy read but it is MAGNIFICENT. I want to use it as a teaching guide for writing. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment