Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My New Book-- Let's Publish It Together



In class I am often encouraging folks to take their work and DO SOMETHING with it. Last night, for example, Nettie put on an awesome show, The Toys of My Youth, at Hyde Park Theatre. Deva is about to unleash her first chapbook on the world. And Dr. Kate got a book contract.

I'm inspired by all of this, inspired to the point that I am now practicing what I preach. After fourteen years of being published traditionally, with some of those experiences being really horrible, I am saying fuck it, and publishing my new book myself. It's called The Maine Event.

I just launched a KickStarter Campaign called Getting to The Maine Event. I hope you'll visit it and consider kicking in. It'll be interesting to see if this flies.

I'll keep you posted.
Thanks,
Spike

No comments:

Post a Comment